Remote Desktop Connection:
Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) is a Client side Application for Accessing a Computer OR a node Connected to Network.
It Provides Graphical User Interface (GUI) to connect to node connected to a network.
How To Setup Remote Desktop Connection on Windows?
There are Several Quick and Easy Steps we need to follow in order to make our computer connect to a Remote PC.
Note: I’m Doing this Tutorial on Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro Version.
Step#1: Configure our Computer to Use Remote Desktop Connection
- Goto ‘This PC’ (in Windows 8, 8.1) Or ‘My Computer’ Icon on your DESKTOP.
- Press ‘Right Click’ on Mouse and Select ‘Properties’ option from Drop Down list.
- Now Press ‘Remote Settings’ on that Window. A Remote Settings window will appear.
- Now ‘Tick’ on ‘Allow Remote Assistance Connections to this Computer’ option As shown in picture.
- Then Press ‘OK’
Note: Optionally you can also ‘select users’ specifically to use this feature on this PC.
Step#02: Bypass Password Change warning and Connect to RDC
- Click ‘Start’ on Desktop Toolbar and find ‘Remote Desktop Connection’ Application.
- Click on recently discovered app ‘Remote Desktop Connection‘
- A Remote Desktop Connection FORM will Appear, just like the Following Picture.
- Now Enter Initial Details as shown in FORM. i.e. Server I.P. Address and the Username.
- Now Click ‘Show Options’ to play more with it’s options 🙂
- This Form will contains lots of advanced options for configuring RDC according to your needs, but we don’t need to do anything extra at this stage except the Following.
- After Entering Your Server’s (VPS / Cloud Server) I.P. Address and Username, Click on ‘Save As’ Button.
File Editing Process:
- Save This File with a Different Name instead ‘Default’.. This file will have .rdp Extension.
- Now add ‘enablecredsspsupport:i:0’ in the END of this File and SAVE this file.
- That’s it. The Process Ends here. Open this Saved File with ‘Remote Desktop Connection’ option.
Note: This will Log you in to your Server. But, First Prompt a ‘Change Password’ FORM. Change your Password and Login with New Password.
I hope this tutorial help you to access your Server OR Windows VPS successfully. Other wise you can contact us or show your concern in Comments.
Also Don’t forget to Share this Tutorial to your favorite Social networks or forums.